Empowering the youth, especially the poor and the marginalised, through career guidance and job placement is one of the most important interventions of Salesians of Don Bosco in India.
This is done by:
• Guiding academic and technical school student’s to make the right choices in life with regard to various careeroptions
• Finding suitable jobs for the youth who are skilled, semi-skilled andunskilled.
• Exploring various skill and job opportunities available both in the Government and privatesectors
• Offering life-scoping skills and managerial skills to make thememployable
• Providing guidance, motivation, training and assistance to the pooryouth
• Transforming these youth from their lack of self-confidence and inferiority complex, by means of individual motivation and group orientationprogrammes.
Services offered by Salesians in India:
• Career Guidanceservices
• Job Placement & Job trainingservices
• Self-employment & entrepreneurshiptraining
• Skill based training & Need basedtraining
• Hostel facilities for ruralboys
• Articles and Books publishing on career & employmenti ssues.
• Residential job-orientedTraining
• Weekly motivation programmes for the rural poor youth